Friday, April 22, 2011

April


This is the first of the collages on the wrapped canvases I posted last week - and it is one reason I haven't posted anything since Tuesday. I had a lot of trouble with the paper wrinkling atop the initial layer and it ended up taking me two days to finish. Okay, I did a few other things while waiting for the layers to dry and flatten but I became obsessed with making this work.

The head was cut from a book called "Wire" that my studio neighbor, painter Frank Satogata, gave me. Inside it are recycled greeting cards and publisher catalog covers, and a section of a Johnny Jump-Up seed envelope (one of three packs purchased years ago from The Nature Company for the images, not the flowers).  10" x 10" on canvas, with watercolor, acrylic, ink and pencil. [Not For Sale]

No comments:

Post a Comment